4.11.08

Presidential Election

Today, in America, people are voting for the new president. As I watch the results process on cnn.com I suddenly seem to care immensely who will win. During the campaigning time my opinion didn't existent. I could care less, therefore I didn't get an absentee ballot. But as I watch the results unfold, I am very concerned and disappointed that I didn't vote. As much as I would like to believe and portray to others that I don't care - I do. I care a lot. I have a heart for politics. Maybe because that's where justice can be served, or enforced. I know the ultimate justice comes from Above but we, as people, also have the responsibility to make sure our fellow humans on this earth are being treated justly. We have the responsibility to stand up for those who can't stand up for themselves.

Congratulations President-Elect Barack Obama. I am anxious to see the 'change' in America...

No comments:

Post a Comment