22.2.09

Twilight and a Latte

So one of my friends/co-teacher here in China returned from her winter break back in America. This Christmas she introduced me to the book series called Twilight. I think I read it in like four days while we traveled to see the Terracotta Warriors in Xi'an. Every free minute I had I wanted to return to this other life I felt like I had with my good friends Bella and Edward. When Rena returned from America, she brought me the other three books in the series. I am SOO excited - I started to read the first one already and can feel the desire of simply ditching this world for the next two weeks and spending it with them. It's a very possible scenario but probably not too healthy. I do have some work I need to get done. Plus what would you do without me for two weeks - ha.

This morning I woke up feeling EXTREMELY tired, more than normal, it was very difficult to keep my eyes open- but I managed to make myself a latte. I thought it would cure the lack of energy my body was sending to my eyelids but nope. However, I did fix my espresso machine. For the past month or two the frother has been frothing very very very slowly. Despite my incredibly drowsy state my mind managed to problem solve - this happens at random times. I guess I was able to think of a solution because I could only focus on one thing at a time due to my tiredness. Usually I am multitasking physically as well as mentally. This morning I could only think about my espresso machine - one step at a time - putting espresso in it, filing it with cold water, adding white mocha to the milk and Irish cream to the mug and then dwelling over the fact I would have to stand there holding my milk under the frother for 10 minutes due to the amazingly tiny amount of steam that was casually spraying out. So, by random impulse I stuck a tooth pick up the frother and sure enough more steam than I had seen in 4 months came shooting out! I am so happy my lattes wont take 10 minutes to make anymore. I wonder if I hadn't been so sleepy if my mind would have figured this solution out or not. Its the little things in life that can bring the most joy. I must go enter another world now!

No comments:

Post a Comment