13.2.09

A Deck of You!

First of all I would like to say Happy Valentines Day!

For those of you who really know me you know that I love to create and craft stuff. Lately I have been really out of sync with myself and have been struggling to find that niche again. But through a process of random events I stumbled across a super cool idea and I wanted to share it with you guys. I am going to do it and think it would be fun for anyone else to participate and we can encourage and watch each other as we go. Please feel free to encourage anyone else to join the journey. I will not take credit for any of this idea. I read about it on someone elses blog. Maybe you have heard of it before in fact. But here is the main jest. We will create 'a deck of you'; an art journal on a deck of cards - one card to be used for every week of the year. all you need is a deck of cards (i am going to use funky pink and purple ones in target for around $4), and a desire to give yourself this gift - you can join in anytime. Whether you have done an art journal before or not I highly recommend doing this with me. I promise it will be worth it!

This woman taught a class on it and she said : in my class we spent most of the time creating bases or backgrounds to then add journalling and other fun things to each week. if you have time and energy one day - bust out the paint or patterned paper and start layering some fun stuff onto the blank cards. you don't need to do them all at once, but maybe have a few 'ready' for when you want to create on top.

here is my little stash of cards waiting for the fun stuff to be added each week!we also made little pouches from felt and fabric to hold the art journal cards in, carry it around in your bag and pull it out when inspiration strikes or is needed!





so each week i will post a prompt for you to use if you need it. but anything goes! won't it be fun in a year to have this fat wad of color and personality, this little snapshot of you right now? please post if you have any questions, and if you feel comfortable link to an image of your card that week, so we can all get inspired and enjoy from one another! art journal journeys are the best when taken together :)

I will post pictures of my cards as we go along. I hope you will too!

So this week we will work on finding the deck of cards and getting the base and backgrounds painted for a majority of them so they will be dry and handy each week. Here are some pictures of the women's who's idea I am borrowing. Feel free to check out the site. I hope it provides some inspiration!
Here are pictures of the "deck of you" done by the super talented lady I am borrowing these images and ideas from.

No comments:

Post a Comment