18.2.09

I can't wait any longer!

Well the time has come. Since there is high anticipation mounting among the participants of the Deck of You project we are going to go ahead and start!!

The prompt for this week (1): something you are proud of.

Tonight Curtis and I did ours. Yes, Curtis is doing too! And I didn't make him. I simply asked him if he wanted to and he was all for it! So you will get he lovely, I mean totally awesome cards up here too. I'm sure he'll comment on his own and tell you how he made them....

Here is mine.

The Meaning: I know, this may sound a little conceited but its not. While I was pondering the thing I am most proud of its my life. Me. What I've been through, what I have overcome. The strength that has come to me only from Him. My passions and where I have been. I know I wouldn't be where I am without my experiences and the people in my life. But I am proud of who I have grown into and can't wait to see how I continue to grow.


The Process: Painted the background red, splattered white paint. Cut out a black square from reg. paper. Sewed on a button and a few other lines. Painted "Me." and found words in magazines- used Matte Medium (My FAVORITE STUFF) to put on the paper and words. WA-la!

I hope you will leave comments and post pictures of your cards when you are finished! Tell us how you did it or whatever!

6 comments:

  1. I love it! I wish I was that creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is mine for the week. Hope people like it:
    http://benpiper.blogspot.com/2009/02/deck-of-art-journal-week-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW, I was kind of nervous about doing this but they seem to have come out really well and I like to collage so I already have a col idea for when they are all done. To bad I have to wait a year. LOL. :) Thanks Katie for a cool start to a cool project, I look forward to continuing this journey with you and everyone else who's doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok I did mine to say I was proud of my brother. I think he truly wants to grow and is trying different ways to help him do so. My card is reflecting his latest scenario.

    Obviously I think Katie's is really awesome. You have such a huge talent sweetheart. Ben yours was great too. I think we will grow alot in our artistic abilities this year.

    Here is the Link:http://www.flickr.com/photos/hickmanphotos/3290599516/

    ReplyDelete
  5. KT-of course I expected nothing short of fabulous of you. You're are amazing and you should be proud of you. I am SOOOO lucky to have you in my life.

    Curtis-Love it. I like the brudder too. I like the cuts you made in the card. Good stuff.

    Okay. I posted mine. http://naiyita.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Curtis yours is awesome! I love it buddy.

    ReplyDelete