4.3.09

One of those days....

This past week my dad started a group to do a Bible study for Lent together over the Internet. I have really enjoyed doing it. It consists of a short Bible reading, prayer and reflection time everyday. Its been really challenging me a lot. Just a simple little verse and prayer has opened my eyes and heart up to the little changes I can make in my life. One that really stuck out to me was "In your anger, do not sin. Do not give the Devil a foothold. Get rid of bitterness"- Ephesians 26,27 & 31. Maybe its because I am an emotional girl but I get upset and anger over the silliest things and it only lasts for a brief second. That should tell me it not worth getting upset over. But I do. I am trying to learn how to catch myself BEFORE I say something I later regret that would hurt the other person. I have made some mistakes lately and they have really eaten away at my heart and I feel horrible, even though I have asked for forgiveness. Its a daily struggle I have, among others.

But I think I have the best squishy face....what do you think?

1 comment:

  1. I have this same exact problem. Actually, one I started to blog about yesterday, and then got busy and deleted my blog all together. I am such a reactionary type of person, and it kills me. I'm frustrated at the way I can get so upset so quickly. I get over it quickly, but I'm feeling so convicted about my immediate response. I catch myself even MAKING it an issue...like, pretending I'm more upset than I really am, and then that pretending sinks in as me being actually upset about it. What is that?

    Anyway, thanks for speaking your heart about this. It always makes me feel better knowing I'm not the only one. Its evident that you put your heart into that squishy face;)

    And yes...you definately have the best squishy face. I just don't feel like Curtis is TRYING;).

    ReplyDelete